It is common to see women disposing of their used sanitary pads in public toilets. But the way they do this is not hygienic or safe, as it can lead to serious health problems if you are not careful enough while throwing away used napkins. So make sure you follow these simple steps to dispose of your sanitary pads properly:
A Separate Sanitary Napkin Disposal System
To begin with, find out whether the toilets you are using have a separate sanitary napkin disposal system, such as sanitary bins. This is especially important if it is an open public toilet where multiple women use and dispose of the napkins. Now:
- If there is a separate system, it will be marked on the wall for you to use. You should throw your sanitary napkin into this disposal bin and wash your hands before leaving the toilet.
- If there is no such system and you have to dispose of your sanitary napkin, make sure that it gets into a dustbin in case someone else comes in after you have used this public toilet. So, look for a bin that has been designated for used pads. If such a bin is not installed, look for a stainless steel dustbin. You can even use a chain dustbin with a chain attached to the walls for this purpose. Such dustbins are readily available at the entrance of public toilets.
- Many offices have now started to be woke of women’s health and are trying to ease their routines by facilitating with ingenious things. One such thing is a sanitary bin. These come with sensors to open and close the lid, keeping you safe and the entire disposal process hygienic.
Check If the Dustbin Has Disposable Bags
Once you have found the right bin, check if it has some disposable bags. These bags can be used to wrap your sanitary napkin before chucking it in a general waste bin in case there isn’t any specific disposal system available. And if you don’t find any such bags, wrap your used pads with paper and dispose of them later once you are at home or any place where you can do so correctly.
If the toilet door is open and you need to throw away your pad as soon as possible, then cover it with whatever packaging material is available nearby, like newspapers or magazines, after wrapping it around with plastic sheeting or cloth (if they are kept).
Benefits of Investing in the Sanitary Bin
There’s a lot to love about contactless sanitary bins with sensors. So, here are a few reasons why you should consider getting some for your office:
- They’re easy to use; you walk up to the bin, tap your hand against the sensor, and the lid opens automatically. As such, you don’t have to worry about struggling with a handle or lifting the lid off yourself since it’s all done for you.
- They keep your office clean and tidy by reducing paper towel waste (thereby reducing the amount of trash that must be thrown out). And instead of using paper towels every time someone needs to go into the bathroom (or if there is any spill), employees can use these bins instead. They automatically open when someone approaches, so there’s no need for anyone else even to know that there was an issue in the first place.
Remember, if you do not dispose of your sanitary napkins properly, it can cause serious health issues for other women who use the same public toilet. And the best way to avoid this is by making sure you use a disposal system that the authorities have installed.