People must remain vigilant of their skin health. Some people feel conscious of their physical appearance due to skin discoloration. Thus, people must follow a skincare routine based on their skin type. Individuals who struggle to invest in suitable and appropriate skincare products must seek guidance from a competent and reliable dermatologist in Islamabad. The specialist will help the individual understand the cause of the skin condition and ways to improve the health.
The common causes of skin discoloration are:
- Skin Trauma: Individuals with a skin condition such as eczema suffer from inflammation. Inflammation can lead to hyperpigmentation. Inflammation produces pigment-producing cells that affect their appearance. Aldo, individuals who scratch their skin, have insect bites and acne are more lily to suffer from inflammation and related complications. Therefore, it is essential to take proper treatment on time to prevent discoloration.
- Excessive Sun Exposure: Ultraviolet rays cause the production of melanin leading to hyperpigmentation. Individuals with daily exposure to the sun are more likely to suffer from tan and sun-appearing spots on the skin. Thus, it is necessary to wear sunscreen daily before going out.
- Other Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions cause excessive melanin production causing skin discoloration. Individuals with Adrenal gland disorder and Addison’s disease must remain conscious and follow a skincare routine to delay the process of hyperpigmentation.
- Use of Medications: Individuals consuming antibiotics, NSAIDs, and anti-inflammatory medication can notice skin discoloration. However, it is temporary and gets better without treatment.
- Melasma: The fluctuation of hormones can cause hyperpigmentation. Women are more likely to suffer from skin discoloration during pregnancy. Women who take birth-control pills and undergo menopause can also notice skin discoloration.
The tips to deal with skin discoloration are:
- Use of Moisturizer: Moisturizing helps boost cell turnover, which deals with hyperpigmentation. Therefore, people must use a suitable moisturizer in summer and winter. Individuals with oily skin types should use a moisturizer daily, as it helps reduce hyperpigmentation. Individuals should invest in a moisturizer with glycerin, retinol, and hyaluronic acid to enhance skin health.
- Don’t Scratch Your Skin: People with acne and insect bites should avoid touching the affected area. It can lead to scarring. People with acne should seek guidance regarding an effective treatment plan to enhance the health of the skin and reduce the probability of hyperpigmentation.
- Use OTC Skin Whitening Products: OTC whitening products have bleaching effects on the dark spots that affect their appearance. Therefore, individuals who notice skin discoloration should start using suitable products sooner. The timely treatment prevents further complications. The ingredients that one should look for in OTC whitening products are azelaic and glycolic acids, retinoids, and vitamin C.
- Protect Skin from Sun Exposure: Individuals who work outdoors should be conscious of their skin health. Sunscreen prevents tanning, skin cancer, and hyperpigmentation. Therefore, people should carry sunscreen with them and use them after regular intervals.
- Seek Professional Guidance: Individuals who want immediate results for reducing hyperpigmentation should consult a dermatologist. The options include chemical peeling, dermabrasion, and laser resurfacing procedure. The person can notice results in no time, which boosts confidence.
- Treat Other Medical Conditions: Individuals diagnosed with chronic diseases that affect skin health must be aware of the side effects of the medications. A skincare routine can prevent skin discoloration and related problems. Hence, individuals should seek guidance from a specialist and follow the treatment plan.
Individuals who want to undergo a procedure such as chemical peelings should discuss their condition, cost, precautionary measures, and complications with the best skin doctor in Lahore. Experienced specialist will help the individual prepare for the procedure and take the necessary steps for aftercare to fasten the healing process and enhance skin health.